Does CBD Absorb
Through the Skin?
CBD does, in fact, absorb through the skin, and quite efficiently. Studies have shown us that when CBD are applied to the skin, they absorb through the skin tissue within just minutes, reaching the tissue of the muscles and joints quickly. Cannabinoid receptors in the skin, muscles and joints essentially grab the CBD that has been applied, allowing the cannabinoid to bind with these receptors for fast and noticeable activation of the compound’s properties. Most people use CBD topically for pain relief, and we know that cannabinoid receptors in the deep tissue can regulate everything from inflammation levels to pain sensitivity related to the nervous system.
What makes topicals unique from other types of products is that they offer this type of relief in a highly localized and targeted manner. When we take hemp through an internal method such as a tincture, the properties act in a widespread manner throughout the body, as internal methods allow the compounds of hemp to get dispersed throughout the body, thus promoting effects pertaining to mood, sleep, digestion, and all other kinds of internal functions.
Applying a topical formula directly to an affected area allows a concentrated dose of hemp to work specifically within the area of application, making topicals the perfect choice for someone dealing with a highly localized issue such as an inflamed muscle.
It is important to point out that using cannabidiol topically will not have an impact on more internal issues such as stress or digestive discomfort. However, the good news is that topicals can be paired with internal types of products as the two do not have any negative interactions with one another. This can help tackle multiple complaints at once as each product serves a distinctive purpose.
CBD Topicals: A Whole New Way to Experience the Properties of Hemp
CBD topicals can be found easily on the market, and they come in all kinds of distinctive formulas including:
- CBD Creams
- Massage oils
- Bath Bombs
CBD balms are great for addressing localized issues, as balms have a buttery consistency that melts into the skin almost instantly, while having a thick consistency that allows you to really provide a concentrated amount of cannabidiol directly to the problem area. Balms usually consist of all-natural ingredients like plant butters and oils, and can contain fragrances and additional active ingredients, such as menthol, a cooling agent.
CBD lotions are a great option for those who want some skin-soothing capabilities on top of the properties of hemp that pertain to the muscles and joints below. CBD lotions can be intensively moisturizing, while offering properties that can help with skin irritation, dehydration, and dullness. Lotions have a consistency that spreads easily, so you can cover large surface areas, and enjoy a nice CBD massage when applying.
How to Choose a Topical for Your Daily Needs
Remember, with so many different kinds of CBD topicals on the market, you need to be a bit particular when choosing the best formula for your distinctive needs. Fortunately, there are some simple things to pay attention to in order to ensure you end up with the most suitable product possible.
- Concentration: CBD topicals come in different milligram strengths, with higher mg amounts ensuring more potency due to a higher concentration of hemp extract. Consider how potent you would like a topical to be to choose a strength that’s appropriate for you. Remember that due to how topicals absorb, higher strengths are not usually associated with feelings of grogginess.
- Ingredients: Look at the ingredients of a topical to make sure that they are non-irritating and safe to absorb into the body. Most topicals are plant-based, which tend to be gentler on the skin and better for the body overall.
- Consistency: If you’re picky about texture, you will want to consider the different kinds of formulas that are out there, such as lotions, balms, creams, etc.
- Hemp Compounds: Some CBD topicals may contain CBD isolate, which is a type of hemp extract that only contains cannabidiol. Others can contain full spectrum or broad spectrum hemp extract- both offering a rich array of cannabinoids in addition to terpenes and other useful compounds from the hemp plant. Full spectrum contains a trace amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is both legal and incapable of getting you high.
- Company Reputation: Always make sure that your topical comes from a trusted, reputable brand in the industry that is known for making high-quality products.
CBD Products from Muscle MX
Muscle MX CBD topicals are specially formulated for the high demands of athletes but can be extremely useful to anyone looking for localized, targeted relief through this fascinating delivery method.
Muscle MX CBD Balms
Our CBD balms are hugely popular and come in two distinctive formulas:
- Activate offers broad spectrum CBD combined with plant-based heating ingredients to prepare the muscles for exertion and increase circulation.
- Recovery blends together broad spectrum CBD and menthol to help soothe pain and minimize inflammation while the body recovers.
Meanwhile, our CBD lotion is the most powerful lotion on the market today because:
- Skin-soothing properties with the help of nano-silver technology.
- SilverSol Solution
- Can also be great for anyone trying to combat irritation and other common skin issues while giving their muscles and joints the right dose of hemp compounds at the same time.
Overall, if you want to use CBD specifically for localized discomfort, then Muscle MX CBD topicals are the way to go. They can take effect within just minutes while promoting effects lasting for several hours, and can also be applied regularly as needed. Our topicals are formulated to offer intensive relief through natural ingredients and lab-tested, carefully sourced hemp for notable results.